7.10.2013

Fruit Pizza by Pillsbury


I wanted to share with everyone my go to desert, which I made last night for Papa's birthday. This recipe is from Pillsbury-its easy and delicious.

Ingredients:
1 roll(16.5oz) Pillsbury Create'n Bake refrigerated sugar cookies
1 package(8oz) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla'
1 cup fresh or canned peach slices, drained, cut into thinner slices
1 cup halved or quarted fresh strawberries
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup apple jelly

Step 1: Heat oven to 350F. Grease 12 inch pizza pan or spray with cooking spray. In pan, break up cookie dough; press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust.
Step 2: Bake 16-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Step 3: In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until fluggy. Spread mixture over colled crust. Arrange fruit over cream cheese.
Step 4: Stir jelly until smooth; spoon or brush over fruit. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. Cut into wedges or squares. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pizza.

Note: I always double my ingredients...I use any fruits I have in the fridge (not neccessarily the ones suggested in the recipe)... I use a 13x9 pan...Unless I am making the pizza the night before; I skip the apple jelly (it is just to keep the fruit from browning).

Resources: http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/fanciful-fruit-pizza/93d325e7-4182-4f9a-8453-956e48a45735 this website includes the full recipe from Pillsbury and the nutritional information.

No comments:

Post a Comment