7.11.2013

Ultimate Weight Solution - Key 1



I finished listening to key one last night and wanted to give everyone my take away. This key is about internal self talk and how our self talk affects our relationship with food. First you are asked to identify your weight locus of control. Dr. Phil goes through 15 questions to assist you in identifying whether your are internal, external, or chance.
My attribution to weight to internal and external. 

Internal Example: I am not loosing weight because I am not working out hard enough.
External Example: I cannot loose weight because there is always snacks in my house for my kids. 
Chance Example: I cannot loose weight because my parents are fat, so I am just going to be fat. 

In the next section Dr. Phil asks you to write down a statement for each category

Appearance, Body Shape, Exercise Level, Self Control, and Health.

This are my statements:
Appearance: I am disgusting
Body Shape: My shape has changed because of giving birth.
Exercise Level: It does not matter how much I exercise I am not loosing weight.
Self Control: I loose it once a day.
Health: I want to be healthy.

Dr. Phil then asks you to look at the most negative statement and ask yourself is this statement true. I chose my appearance statement...When logically thinking about this statement I know it is false. Dr. Phil then asks you to rethink the statement and replace it with a positive statement...I am unique. If the statement you choose is true, he asks you to think of ways to make a change in you life to then make the statement false eventually.

Take Away: This key is very powerful since the majority of us have negative thinking about our appearance, weight and food.

Resources: McGraw, Phil. The Ultimate Weight Solution: The 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment