7.09.2013

Luci's Healthy Marketplace

1590 E Bethany Home Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85014 602.773.1339
This weekend we ventured out and decided to test Luci's Healthy Marketplace. As we pulled up, I was quite impressed and had high expectations of Luci's. the atmosphere was trendy to say the least. the store is loaded with healthy groceries and hard to find products; it is definitely a high end store. We went on Sunday, so we were directed to order our meals at the coffee bar.


I ordered the TURKEY LURKEY-Artisan light bread, turkey, Havarti cheese, applewood smoked bacon, avocado, spinach, tomato, pesto sauce and mayo; as a side I chose the Asiago Penne Salad. I thought the sandwhich was good, but nothing I could not make at home, but the ingredients were very fresh and delicious. The Penne Salad was amazing. it was filled with sundried tomatoes, asparagus, and many other yummy ingredients. I would highly recommend the Penne Salad.


My husband (J.D.) ordered LUCI'S FAMOUS ALL NATURAL BURGER-half-pound Niman Ranch all natural, grass-fed Angus sirloin patty (cooked the way you like it) with sauteed mushrooms, red onion, apple wood smoked bacon and a choice of cheddar, Swiss, or provolone cheese on a delicious brioche roll; served with tater tots. O.K. I am not going to lie; I was super excited to try this burger. He ordered it medium because grass-fed beef should be tasted, not burned. Mind you the description clearly states "cooked the way you like it;" when we received the burger it was well done and tasted horrible. my husband has made better burgers with Walmart beef at home. I was highly disappointed. Also, the tater tots tasted like soggy fries you get at the drive through. The tater tots were half sweet potatoes and half regular-which was not explained to use when we ordered or mentioned on the menu. he also ordered an ice tea which was $5 for a 32oz (seems a little outrageous to me...), but he liked it.

4711 N 7th St Phoenix, AZ 85014 602.451.4335
Before I describe the desert, I will start off by saying it is not made in house; the desert is from Urban Cookie http://www.urbancookies.com/ . I was unimpressed with the desert as well; we ordered a slice of cheesecake and a slice of their lemon-coconut cake. The cheesecake was delicious in the center, but the outer edges were overcooked. The lemon-coconut cake was very dry and disappointing. I do think these items had been sitting in the case too long; because I have been to Urban Cookie and enjoyed their deserts...

Overall we would not go back to Luci's; except to try their coffee. Their staff was very friendly though.

Rating: 1 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment