7.08.2013

Lemon Cucumber Detox Water


As I was searching Pinterest, I noticed multiple pins for detox water. So, I decided to give one a try...

This recipe called for:
2 quarts water
1/2 a cucumber
3 lemons. 
Once all the ingredients are combined in a pitcher or any container, then place in fridge for at least eight hours. I began drinking the water last night and will continue for five days-one pitcher daily. I was interested to know what the benefits are of drinking this water-besides the taste. (I am an act now ask questions later type of gal)

What I found: 
Cucumbers: help prevent water retention, due to anti-inflammatory qualities, contains nutrients such as vitamin A, iron, calcium, vitamin K and potassium and can be highly beneficial for your skin. More information about the benefits of cucumber in water can be found at: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/06/17/cucumber-water_n_3415738.html
Lemon: great source of vitamin C, assist in balancing pH levels, aids in weight loss, and assist in digestion. More information can be found at: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-8354/5-amazing-benefits-of-drinking-lemon-water.html
Water: water is just plain good for you; the flavor helps me drink more of it and offers a different option. 

I will keep you posted on any changes throughout the week. Let me know any experiences you have had with detox drinks, flavored water or recommendations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment